Getting back together with your ex means weighing the good and bad of your previous relationship together. Utah Couples Therapist and Online Breakup Recovery Coach, Kensington Osmond shares how to navigate the stages of getting back together.
How to Get Unstuck
Advice From a Life and Career Coach: How to Get Unstuck In Life
How to Get Unstuck
How to Get Unstuck
Feeling stuck is the worst. With all the uncertainty around us — particularly if you’re facing very real limitations due to the pandemic situation we’re all facing — you may have a lot on your plate that keeps you feeling stuck in your life, your career, even in your relationships.
Finding ways to get unstuck and create your new reality can get quite tricky, particularly when you have very real obstacles and challenging circumstances. However, Denver Therapist and certified online life and career coach Elise Ross is here to remind us that we are capable of empowering ourselves and moving forward — even when things are feeling hard.
In this episode, my colleague Denver life and career coach Elise Ross shares her insights on the the mental blocks that lead to feelings of stuckness, and the importance of getting emotionally unstuck on the inside before you can create positive change in your reality.
She’s providing you with some concrete “how to get unstuck” strategies drawn from her effective approach to personal coaching services, and how she helps clients get over this feeling.
If you want to learn how you can get unstuck when you’re feeling trapped, then this episode is for you!
Dr. Lisa Marie Bobby
P.S. If you want to get even MORE insight into why you’re feeling stuck and how to liberate yourself mentally and emotionally, be sure to take my “What’s Holding You Back” online quiz to see where you need to focus your personal growth work.
Here are three reasons why you should listen to the full episode:
- Get insights from a professional life and career coach on how to get unstuck mentally and emotionally.
- Discover the importance of getting yourself unstuck internally to create your own reality (and how).
- Learn about the hidden, subconscious core beliefs that can keep you feeling stuck — and how to break through.
What Makes People Feel Stuck
- Life coaching and career coaching clients reach out to Elise and tell her they feel stuck or trapped and don’t know what to do. She shares where she starts in helping them get unstuck, by increasing self awareness.
- We talk about why different life circumstances lead to feeling stuck in different ways, for example feeling stuck in a career is a very different experience from feeling stuck in a toxic relationship!
- When you feel trapped it leads to an increase in feelings of worry and nervousness about the future, and that in turn leads to even greater paralysis and difficulty in taking effective action.
- One of the odd paradoxes is that when you have too many choices it leads you to feel more overwhelmed or trapped — find out why, and what to do when you just don’t know where to start.
The Process of Getting Unstuck
- If you’re feeling stuck, getting support from a life coach, career coach, or relationship coach, or even just someone you trust can help in processing your thoughts and laying out all the possibilities you have.
- Sometimes you need someone else to help you align your thoughts, especially when your mind is clouded and very limiting.
- Elise uses Snyder’s Hope Theory with her clients. It focuses on identifying goals and pathways to achieve those goals, as well as developing your agency to do that.
- Elise connects the feeling of stuckness to hopelessness, which is why she tries to instill hope in her clients.
- It is about concretizing barriers, obstacles, goals, and solutions.
- The process of getting unstuck might also include looking back at successful moments and determining the strategies that worked during those situations. It is a way to build hope.
5 Powerful Quotes from This Episode
“That feeling of worry and nervousness about the future and about not being able to do anything really signals to me that someone actually really does care about wanting to make positive changes, but doesn’t know where to start by themselves.”
On “I should” statements: “Those kinds of things can lend to feeling stuck, because it’s not coming from that place where you feel like you have the ability to actually do something. I always say, with the ‘shoulds,’ you’re shoulding on yourself, and that doesn’t leave a lot of productive work.”
“Sometimes, being stuck means you do have to do hard things because it will get you to that ultimate goal.”
“At the beginning of the process, when I’m hearing someone’s stuck, my brain automatically thinks, ‘Oh, they’re feeling hopeless. There’s not a lot of hope.’ […] And so I love starting by asking, ‘What is one thing that you would love to change about your current circumstances?’”
“You don’t have to know exactly where you’re going to start getting unstuck. Because often the place you’re meant to be will be revealed as you continue that process.”
About Life & Career Coach Elise Ross
Elise Ross is a life coach, career counselor, and an individual Denver therapist. She is one of the experts behind the Growing Self team. Elise is passionate about helping people find their truth and change the world through living their authentic purpose.
Read more about Elise on Growing Self. If you’re feeling inspired to do your own work around getting unstuck above and beyond listening to this episode, you can schedule a free coaching consultation with Elise to discuss your life and career goals, and how she can help you achieve them.
Enjoy the Podcast?
Learning how you could create love, happiness, and success for yourself has never been this easy. If you enjoyed today’s episode of the Love, Success, and Happiness Podcast, then hit subscribe and share it with your friends!
To finding love, happiness, and success!
Dr. Lisa Marie Bobby is the founder and clinical director of Growing Self Counseling and Coaching. She’s the author of “Exaholics: Breaking Your Addiction to Your Ex Love,” and the host of The Love, Happiness & Success Podcast.
More Love, Happiness & Success Advice
Long distance relationships are growing in popularity, but is a LDR right for you? Online couples counselor and Denver marriage therapist, Jenna Peterson, M.A., MFTC shares the pros and cons of long distance relationships. Read here!
On this episode of the podcast, learn how to break free from a codependent relationship dynamic so that you and your partner can both grow, flourish, and cultivate healthy interdependence.
Breakup Recovery is a process that involves very real stages of healing and big, uncomfortable emotions. It’s not uncommon to go through the seven stages of grief when healing after a breakup or divorce. Online life coach and breakup recovery counselor, Sharmishtha Gupta shares the grief recovery stages and helpful actionable tips that you can use to work through your healing journey. Read here…
No one teaches you how to have a great relationship. Documentary filmmaker Roger Nygard shares what seven years of research uncovered about what happy couples know. He’s here to share it all with you, on this episode of the podcast.
Don’t let fights about money ruin your holidays. Learn how to use empathy and understanding to get on the same page around finances.
Even if you know that your toxic relationship will only cause you pain and misery, it can still be very hard to walk away. Learn how to take your power back, on this episode of the Love, Happiness and Success Podcast.
Honest advice from a marriage counselor about what it really takes to create a lifetime of love.
If you are in a long-term relationship and you are looking for ways to set your relationship up for success, Utah couples therapist and online premarital counselor, Kensington Osmond shares the importance of pre-engagement counseling here!