Healing your relationship after infidelity is a long journey – but not impossible. Dr. Rachel Merlin, online relationship coach and Florida couples therapist shares the Infidelity Recovery Stages for healing your relationship after an affair.
How to Get Unstuck
Advice From a Life and Career Coach: How to Get Unstuck In Life
How to Get Unstuck
How to Get Unstuck
Feeling stuck is the worst. With all the uncertainty around us — particularly if you’re facing very real limitations due to the pandemic situation we’re all facing — you may have a lot on your plate that keeps you feeling stuck in your life, your career, even in your relationships.
Finding ways to get unstuck and create your new reality can get quite tricky, particularly when you have very real obstacles and challenging circumstances. However, Denver Therapist and certified online life and career coach Elise Ross is here to remind us that we are capable of empowering ourselves and moving forward — even when things are feeling hard.
In this episode, my colleague Denver life and career coach Elise Ross shares her insights on the the mental blocks that lead to feelings of stuckness, and the importance of getting emotionally unstuck on the inside before you can create positive change in your reality.
She’s providing you with some concrete “how to get unstuck” strategies drawn from her effective approach to personal coaching services, and how she helps clients get over this feeling.
If you want to learn how you can get unstuck when you’re feeling trapped, then this episode is for you!
Dr. Lisa Marie Bobby
P.S. If you want to get even MORE insight into why you’re feeling stuck and how to liberate yourself mentally and emotionally, be sure to take my “What’s Holding You Back” online quiz to see where you need to focus your personal growth work.
Here are three reasons why you should listen to the full episode:
- Get insights from a professional life and career coach on how to get unstuck mentally and emotionally.
- Discover the importance of getting yourself unstuck internally to create your own reality (and how).
- Learn about the hidden, subconscious core beliefs that can keep you feeling stuck — and how to break through.
What Makes People Feel Stuck
- Life coaching and career coaching clients reach out to Elise and tell her they feel stuck or trapped and don’t know what to do. She shares where she starts in helping them get unstuck, by increasing self awareness.
- We talk about why different life circumstances lead to feeling stuck in different ways, for example feeling stuck in a career is a very different experience from feeling stuck in a toxic relationship!
- When you feel trapped it leads to an increase in feelings of worry and nervousness about the future, and that in turn leads to even greater paralysis and difficulty in taking effective action.
- One of the odd paradoxes is that when you have too many choices it leads you to feel more overwhelmed or trapped — find out why, and what to do when you just don’t know where to start.
The Process of Getting Unstuck
- If you’re feeling stuck, getting support from a life coach, career coach, or relationship coach, or even just someone you trust can help in processing your thoughts and laying out all the possibilities you have.
- Sometimes you need someone else to help you align your thoughts, especially when your mind is clouded and very limiting.
- Elise uses Snyder’s Hope Theory with her clients. It focuses on identifying goals and pathways to achieve those goals, as well as developing your agency to do that.
- Elise connects the feeling of stuckness to hopelessness, which is why she tries to instill hope in her clients.
- It is about concretizing barriers, obstacles, goals, and solutions.
- The process of getting unstuck might also include looking back at successful moments and determining the strategies that worked during those situations. It is a way to build hope.
5 Powerful Quotes from This Episode
“That feeling of worry and nervousness about the future and about not being able to do anything really signals to me that someone actually really does care about wanting to make positive changes, but doesn’t know where to start by themselves.”
On “I should” statements: “Those kinds of things can lend to feeling stuck, because it’s not coming from that place where you feel like you have the ability to actually do something. I always say, with the ‘shoulds,’ you’re shoulding on yourself, and that doesn’t leave a lot of productive work.”
“Sometimes, being stuck means you do have to do hard things because it will get you to that ultimate goal.”
“At the beginning of the process, when I’m hearing someone’s stuck, my brain automatically thinks, ‘Oh, they’re feeling hopeless. There’s not a lot of hope.’ […] And so I love starting by asking, ‘What is one thing that you would love to change about your current circumstances?’”
“You don’t have to know exactly where you’re going to start getting unstuck. Because often the place you’re meant to be will be revealed as you continue that process.”
About Life & Career Coach Elise Ross
Elise Ross is a life coach, career counselor, and an individual Denver therapist. She is one of the experts behind the Growing Self team. Elise is passionate about helping people find their truth and change the world through living their authentic purpose.
Read more about Elise on Growing Self. If you’re feeling inspired to do your own work around getting unstuck above and beyond listening to this episode, you can schedule a free coaching consultation with Elise to discuss your life and career goals, and how she can help you achieve them.
Enjoy the Podcast?
Learning how you could create love, happiness, and success for yourself has never been this easy. If you enjoyed today’s episode of the Love, Success, and Happiness Podcast, then hit subscribe and share it with your friends!
To finding love, happiness, and success!
Dr. Lisa Marie Bobby is the founder and clinical director of Growing Self Counseling and Coaching. She’s the author of “Exaholics: Breaking Your Addiction to Your Ex Love,” and the host of The Love, Happiness & Success Podcast.
More Love, Happiness & Success Advice
Being honest with yourself is a fundamental part of authentic personal growth… but it can be hard to do. Today’s podcast with therapist and life coach Josephine Marin can help you get clarity about your authentic truth so that you can move forward fearlessly.
Do you struggle to feel like you are good enough? It’s not just you: Many people — no matter how successful or accomplished — still feel like they’re not *quite* measuring up. Today’s podcast does a deep dive into HOW to feel that you’re good enough, push back against self-doubt and overcome “imposter syndrome.” Listen now!
Are you mind-reading your relationship?? Online relationship coach, Ben Jones, M.S., shares how to avoid miscommunication in relationships with these online couples counseling communication tips.
Feeling overwhelmed by it all? In this episode of the podcast with Dr. Lisa, Denver psychologist Dr. Danielle spills the beans on how to cultivate the type of “organized mindset” that reduces stress, lowers anxiety, and restores order by helping you feel more in control of your time, your stuff and your life.
Self-love for a lot of us tends to end up in the lower priority pile – but the truth is, if you don’t take care of yourself first, you won’t have anything to give to others! Online therapist and Texas Life-Coach, Kaily Moore, M.S., LMFTA is sharing How to Practice Self-Love on the blog!
The explosion in Lebanon has shattered more than windows and the structures that hold them in place. It has shattered the hearts and dreams of millions all over the globe. Online therapist, Tania Chikhani, MBA, M.A., shares tips for processing and healing within.
Do you feel like you and your partner get stuck in a power struggle where you feel one way, they feel another, and you just cannot compromise? Today’s podcast brings real-world relationship advice to help you communicate differently, so that you can break through the gridlock and get back on the same page.
There’s more to intimacy than sex. Looking to reconnect, strengthen, or build a better bond with your partner? Online Marriage Counselor and Relationship Coach, Tomauro Veasley discusses the 4 types of intimacy that are imperative to a lasting, healthy relationship.