Grow Your Career
“I have to pinch myself sometimes, that I have been so successful in doing the work I love every day. This is a dream job, and I feel so lucky to be part of this group.”Kathleen Stutts, M.Ed., N.C.C., LPC
We Want to Meet You…
Are you a warm, smart, marriage and family therapist with a positive orientation who is interested in doing meaningful work with fantastic clients? Or a skilled, effective therapist with a strengths-based approach who is dedicated to helping your clients grow and thrive? Or a dynamic career coach with a behavioral health background, and a passion for positive, empowering, love, life and career coaching? If so, we’d love to meet you.
Let’s Grow, Together
Growing Self Counseling and Coaching a vibrant, positive, collaborative private practice setting in which we see motivated, high-functioning clients who primarily present seeking help with their relationships, a desire to make changes in their lives or careers, or with mild mental health concerns such as anxiety and depression. Many of our clients are interested life coaching, and personal growth. All our clients value a positive, evidence-based approach. We are actively seeking to contract with marriage counselors, effective therapists, and dynamic life and career coaches to join our practice.
We Support Happy, Healthy Helpers
In addition to our dedication to providing a supportive, transformative environment for our counseling and coaching clients, Growing Self is just as committed to supporting talented, passionate counselors and coaches in excelling at the work they love. Our contractors get the benefit of our marketing, billing, insurance submissions and administration systems. We connect you with a steady stream of great clients, help you build your ideal caseload, and assist you in creating your optimum work / life balance. As part of our supportive group, you are free to focus on the meaningful, satisfying work that you do best.
We’re also here to support your professional development and buffer you from the isolation that many private practitioners struggle with. When you become part of our vibrant, collaborative community you will have access to excellent supervision and/or peer consultation, supportive consultation groups, training opportunities, coaching around how to expand and retain your caseload, access to proprietary training materials, and the opportunity to develop supportive working relationships with a diversely talented team.
Part Time Hours, Full-Time Pay
Our compensation is generous and based on your education, years of experience, licensure, specialties and certifications. Our contractors generally build robust caseloads quickly, and have enormous earning potential — well above the national average salary for helping professions. Best yet, our contractors typically earn more than what they would in a full-time position seeing clients a just few days a week. Our contract positions allow you to create your own schedule and take unlimited time off. This empowers you to have flexibility in your schedule, be there for your family, practice good self-care, and create the work / life balance that is so critical for anyone in the helping professions.
We are all about showing up authentically and generously for our clients, and have the same attitude towards our colleagues. Our goal is for you to love this group as much as we do, and feel valued, appreciated, and excited about practicing your craft every day.
About The Position
We are seeking to connect with talented couples counselors, and career coaches who would like to work in a private practice setting, and who have specialized training and experience in the core services we provide to our clients: Marriage Counseling, Life Coaching and Career / Executive Coaching.
We would prefer to partner with practitioners that are available to grow their caseload to “full time” with us (approximately 16-24 clients per week), who are available to meet with clients in-person, as well as online, and who would like to establish a positive, long-term partnership with our group.
Flexible Hours: You create your own schedule within available hours at your own private office and from home if working with clients online. Our ideal candidate would be able to accommodate the scheduling preferences of our professional clients and be open to offering some evening and weekend availability as well as daytime hours.
We bring our clients meaningful, valuable help by providing excellent, ethical, and compassionate care from highly educated, well trained experts who practice evidence-based forms of counseling and coaching. To ensure that our clients receive the best, we partner with practitioners who have:
- A Master’s or Doctoral degree in a related mental health field from a CACREP or APA accredited university
- Licensure to practice in your state of residence (LP, LMFT, LPC), or eligible for state licensure if pre-licensed.
- Ability to assess and effectively help clients with a wide variety of presenting concerns such as anxiety, depression, ADHD, (mild) trauma, life transitions, relationship issues, and grief and loss
- Competence with electronic record keeping systems and related technologies
- Excellent relationship building skills, professionalism with clients and colleagues, strong written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills, and responsiveness to team members and clients
- Commitment to personal growth and professional development opportunities
- Ability to work independently, and also seek support and consultation when needed
- Access to your own laptop and high speed internet when working from home
- Commitment to contributing to our online community through writing articles for our blog, and through social media
- Coach training and / or certification is a plus
For Marriage Counselors:
- A Master’s Degree or PhD from a CACREP or APA accredited graduate program that met AAMFT requirements for Marriage and Family Therapy licensure.
- Specific training and experience in evidence-based forms of couples counseling such as Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy and / or The Gottman Method
- Experience in helping couples successfully navigate a wide variety of issues beyond basic relationship repair, including recovery from infidelity, blended family situations, infertility, and grief and loss
- Training and experience in premarital counseling and assessment is a plus
- Experience in working with clients through online video
Qualifications For Therapists, Life Coaches and Career Coaches
- A Master’s Degree or PhD from a CACREP or APA accredited graduate program that met state requirements for licensure as an LPC or LP
- A positive, direct, strengths-based approach towards personal growth work grounded in evidence-based theories and techniques
- Specific training and credentialing as a life coach, career coach or executive coach is a plus
- Career counselors: Knowledge and competence with career counseling assessments and client resources
- Experience in working with clients through online video
- Coach training / credentialing is a plus
If you are interested in joining our team we’d love to meet you. Please click on this link to apply and submit your resume and cover letter to our
clinical director Dr. Lisa Marie Bobby for consideration.