Grow With Us: Join Our Team.
Are you a talented, effective therapist who specializes in marriage and family therapy or career counseling, seeking a “professional home” in a supportive, positive, and energizing group private practice?
If so, Growing Self Counseling and Coaching may be the place for you. Our clinicians specialize in helping motivated, growth-oriented, high functioning clients create stronger relationships, attain personal growth, and develop fulfilling careers. Our practice supports their growth, love, happiness, and success — and we’d like to support you, too.
Read on to learn more about our collective and our opportunities, to see if you would be happy and successful with us. If so we welcome you to submit this interest form to apply to join our practice.
“I have to pinch myself sometimes, that I have been so successful in doing the work I love every day. This is a dream job, and I feel so lucky to be part of this group.”
Kathleen C., M.Ed., N.C.C., LPC
— With Growing Self Since 2015
About Growing Self
Growing Self Counseling and Coaching is a positive, ethical, mission-driven group private practice that fosters wellbeing, growth and successful outcomes for therapists and for their clients. Founded in Denver, Colorado in 2005, our practice now has several offices in Colorado — but an even higher demand for online services across the US and internationally.
Demand for the services of our clinicians is strong, and we have opportunities for experts with skills and experience in evidence-based approaches within the following specialties:
- Couples Counseling and Relationship Coaching
- Growth-Oriented Therapy and Life Coaching
- Career Counseling and Professional Development Coaching
Our Mission, Values, and Culture
We are a collective of dedicated helping professionals that teach growth focused people how to create love, happiness, and success through personal and professional development. Our work generates a profound positive impact on the life trajectory of those we seek to serve. It empowers them to actively create healthy relationships, authentic wellbeing, and positive outcomes with and for others — not just for themselves, but for the benefit of future generations.
Our core values are growth, love, happiness, and success — for clients, but also for our clinicians. Our collective demonstrates these values in action every day:
- Supporting the success of our clinicians by ensuring full caseloads;
- Fostering their community connections;
- Celebrating and nurturing diversity, equity, and inclusion;
- Providing trustworthy clinical supervision and consultation;
- Emphasizing professional growth, continuing education, and self-of-therapist development;
- Offering initiatives that support work/life balance and emotional wellbeing;
- Supporting financial prosperity in private practice.
How We Serve and Support Our Clinicians
Growing Self is a supportive home for clinicians who want the freedom and flexibility of private practice, with the support and structure that a group setting can provide. Our collective exists to help you flourish, thrive, and create easy prosperity doing what you love through:
- A reliable stream of referrals from a high-functioning, growth oriented client base.
- The flexibility to create your ideal work week based on your needs and wellbeing.
- Highly responsive administrative support for billing, accounting, tech support, HIPAA compliance, and more.
- Effective marketing to showcase your skills and attract your ideal clients.
- Regular, meaningful of team trainings and community “growth experiences” that support ongoing professional development.
- A vibrant community of clinicians for personal and professional support.
- Individual and group case consultations.
- 1:1 support for private practice success coaching.
- Group and individual supervision options.
- Help with attaining original and reciprocal licensure.
- Opportunities for teaching, training, and program development.
- A road map for creating prosperity and balance in private practice.
You can have freedom, flexibility, and do great work you love while also enjoying financial prosperity in private practice. Our partners typically earn well above the industry standard. Advanced clinicians with a full caseload (around 24 client sessions per week) can easily make well over 100k per year.
Most importantly: Growing Self is a collective of helping professionals who feel valued, connected, and excited about practicing their craft every day. Burnout, overwhelm, and even trauma are very real occupational hazards in the counseling profession. Growing Self is here to help you reclaim your joy.
Our positive, growth oriented community actively buffers and supports your authentic wellbeing, allowing you to grow, and do meaningful, life-changing work with joy, as well as excellence. We believe that growth, love, happiness, and success are for you, too.
“I feel very lucky to have found Growing Self. They provide a very supportive work environment. I am able to voice my thoughts or concerns. They take care of all the pieces of being a therapist that are not my strong suit—marketing, billing, and building a community of resources. It has allowed me to focus on what I love—my clients and becoming a better clinician.”
Brenda F., M.A., LMFT
— With Growing Self Since 2015
About Our Practitioners
Available Positions: We have opportunities for providers with extensive training and experience in either of our primary practice specialties: couples and family therapy, or career counseling and professional development.
Please note: Our opportunities are limited to licensed or licensure eligible marriage and family therapists (MFTs) and licensed or licensure-eligible therapists who specialize in career counseling (LPCs/LPs), and who use positive, productive, and evidence based approaches that lead to real and lasting change.
Type of Role: Members of our group practice are independent contractors who provide therapy and coaching services to approximately 18-25 clients per week. We have in-person office locations in the Denver Metro area, but a high demand for fully remote online services for practitioners outside of Colorado.
Minimum Qualifications for Marriage & Family Therapists
- Are licensed, or eligible for licensure, as a Marriage and Family Therapist.
- Have a Master’s or Doctoral degree in Marriage and Family Therapy or MFT emphasis (ideally from a COAMFTE, CACREP, or APA accredited university).
- Have experience providing counseling services to couples and individuals using evidence-based, systemic approaches.
- An understanding of, or willingness to learn, best practices in relationship coaching.
Minimum Qualifications for Career Counselors
- Are licensed or eligible for licensure as a Licensed Professional Counselor or Clinical Mental Health Counselor.
- Have a Master’s or Doctoral degree in Career Development, or a Master’s in Counseling psychology (ideally from a CACREP, or APA accredited university), and/or significant post-graduate training and experience in career development or other relevant areas.
- Experience using evidence-based approaches to counseling and coaching.
- Have both comfort and expertise in assisting individuals with mild mental health issues, as well as the ability to provide therapy or coaching to support “whole-life” concerns that extend beyond career goals.
- Have either an understanding of, or willingness to learn, best practices in career coaching and life coaching.
- Specialty certification in Couples Therapy Modality (such as EFT, Gottman, etc.)
- Coach training and / or certification (we provide training in this area).
- Certification as a Career Coach (CCC), EI Coach, or similar designation.
- Sex Therapy training and / or AASECT certification.
- AAMFT Clinical Supervisor Credentialing
“Growing Self has allowed me to work in a private practice setting while still supporting my need for community and a network of other therapists. Having access to the other amazing and talented clinicians in this group has been invaluable in my own growth. Growing Self has allowed me to focus on what I truly love, which is being in session with my clients, without feeling bogged down by the administrative side of running a practice. I have loved being a part of this practice over the past 6 years!”
Jessica S., M.A., LMFT
— with Growing Self since 2014
Are We a Match?
You are selective about who you choose to partner with, and so are we. Before extending an invitation to join our collective, we conduct a thoughtful vetting process to ensure goodness of fit and professional excellence.
Beyond professional competence, we are committed to connecting with practitioners who are in alignment with our mission and values: those seeking to grow, act ethically and with love, prioritize happiness and positive relationships, and create successful outcomes.
If this sounds like you, we’d like to connect with you! The first step is to let us know about yourself and your professional experiences through our online form below. You will also be invited to upload your CV or Resume and a Cover Letter.
The process takes around 10-15 minutes to complete. We look forward to hearing from you!