Grow With Us.
Growing Self is growing!
We have a high demand for our services, and are actively seeking well-qualified marriage counselors, therapists and career counselors to join our thriving private practice in the Denver area, as well as in other states — particularly Texas, Washington, Pennsylvania, and Massachusetts.
If you have strong skills in evidence-based marriage and family therapy or a specialization in career counseling, and a genuine heart for helping great people create love, happiness and success… we’d love to meet you!
“I have to pinch myself sometimes, that I have been so successful in doing the work I love every day. This is a dream job, and I feel so lucky to be part of this group.”
About Growing Self
Who we are and what we’re about: Growing Self Counseling and Coaching a an energizing, positive, collaborative group private practice in which we see motivated, high-functioning clients who primarily present seeking help with their relationships, a desire for personal growth, or a hope to make positive changes in their lives or careers.
We have several office locations in the Denver, Colorado area (Cherry Creek, DTC, Broomfield and Fort Collins) but are opening physical offices in other states, and have a strong presence across the US and internationally through online video.
Who We Partner With.
If you’re seeking MFT jobs, LPC jobs, online therapy jobs or career coaching jobs in a private practice setting, we may be a match! We are looking to partner with effective and genuinely caring professionals who are well qualified to provide excellent couples counseling, career coaching and therapy services to our clients.
We look for candidates with a master’s degree or doctorate from accredited programs that provided them with specialized training in either marriage and family therapy or career development, as well as the ability to help individual clients on a path of personal growth and positive change through evidence-based counseling and coaching strategies.
We also prefer to partner with clinicians who are available to grow their caseload to at least 16-24 or more clients per week, are interested in the opportunity to meet with clients in-person as well as online, are interested in developing a long-term partnership with our group, and who relish the idea of continuing to learn, grow, and develop as helping professionals.
We bring our clients meaningful, valuable help by providing excellent, ethical, and compassionate care from highly educated, well-trained experts who practice evidence-based forms of counseling and coaching.
To ensure that our clients receive the best, we prefer to partner with practitioners who:
- (For MFT jobs such as couples therapy and relationship coaching) Have a Master’s or Doctoral degree in Marriage and Family Therapy (or MFT emphasis), ideally from a CACREP, COAMFTE or APA accredited university, and/or a significant amount of post-graduate training in evidence-based forms of couples counseling such as the Gottman Method or EFCT.
- (For career coach jobs, LPC jobs, and online therapy jobs) Have a Master’s or Doctoral degree in Career Development, or a Master’s in counseling psychology, ideally from a CACREP, or APA accredited university, and/or significant post-graduate training and experience in career development or other areas relevant to our client’s needs.
- Are licensed or eligible for licensure as a Marriage and Family Therapist (for couples counselors and MFT jobs) or LPC / LMHC (for career coaching jobs, online therapy jobs, and LPC jobs).
- In addition to competence with couples counseling and/or career counseling, our ideal candidates also possess general practitioner abilities to assess and effectively help individual clients with a wide variety of presenting concerns such as personal growth issues, life transitions, communication skills, goal achievement, and mild mental health concerns such as adjustment issues, anxiety, depression, ADHD, and grief and loss.
- Have competence and comfort with technology, electronic record-keeping systems, online video conferencing and online correspondence
- Possess excellent relationship-building skills, professionalism with clients and colleagues, strong organizational and time management skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, and are responsive to team members and clients.
- Are personally committed to continuing education and professional development opportunities.
- Have the ability (and desire) to work independently, but who also seek support and consultation when needed.
- Feel excited about the opportunity to be an active part of our group private practice: Developing warm, collaborative relationships with other professionals on our team, and also sharing your voice and wisdom through articles on the blog at GrowingSelf.com.
- Coach training and / or certification is a plus, but not required. (We provide training in this area).
“I feel very lucky to have found Growing Self. I have felt supported and that I can voice my thoughts, concerns or ask for help. They take care of all the pieces of being a therapist that are not my strong suit—marketing, billing and building a community of resources. It has allowed me to focus on what I love—my clients and becoming a better clinician.”
Things To Know About Us:
We Support Happy, Healthy Helpers.
In addition to our dedication to providing a supportive, transformative environment for our counseling and coaching clients, Growing Self is just as committed to supporting talented, passionate counselors and coaches in excelling at the work they love.
Our contractors get the benefit of our marketing, billing, insurance submissions and administration systems. We connect you with a stable stream of great clients, help you build your ideal caseload, and assist you in creating your optimum work / life balance. As part of our supportive group, you are free to focus on the meaningful, satisfying work that you do best.
Perhaps more importantly, working with us allows you to create your own schedule and take unlimited time off. You can also see clients both in-person, and online. This empowers you to have flexibility in your schedule, be there for your family, practice good self-care, travel, enjoy your life, and create the work / life balance that is so critical for anyone in the helping professions.
We Offer Full-Time Pay For Part-Time Hours.
We are all about showing up authentically and generously for our clients and have the same attitude towards our colleagues. Our goal is for you to love this group as much as we do, and feel valued, appreciated, and excited about practicing your craft every day.
Our compensation is generous and based on your education, years of experience, licensure, specialties, and certifications. Our contractors generally build robust caseloads quickly, and have enormous earning potential.
Most of our colleagues earn significantly more working a few days a week in our private practice than they would working full-time in an agency setting.
We Grow Together.
Because we are a team of helpers who are genuinely committed to being as effective as possible with our clients, we provide many opportunities for continuing education and professional development, including:
- Monthly team trainings on a variety of relevant topics that help you continue learning, growing and expanding your skill-set.
- Engaging consultation groups that allow you to get support and perspective from other inspiring professionals.
- Individual and group supervision opportunities for pre-licensed professionals.
- Access to proprietary training, evidence-based coaching tools and techniques, and our vast resources so that you can feel even more confident and effective in helping your clients achieve their most precious goals for themselves, their families, and their relationships.
“Growing Self has allowed me to work in a private practice setting while still supporting my need for community and a network of other therapists. Having access to the other amazing and talented clinicians in this group has been invaluable in my own growth. Growing Self has allowed me to focus on what I truly love, which is being in session with my clients, without feeling bogged down by the administrative side of running a practice. I have loved being a part of this practice over the past 6 years!”
Are We a Match?
If you’re looking for what we can offer you, and you have what we’re looking for, we’d love to meet you.
Please complete our online process to submit your cover letter, resume and / or CV for consideration. We will follow up with you to schedule a first interview by phone if it seems like we might be a good fit, and then we’ll go from there.
Look forward to connecting with you!
Dr. Lisa Marie Bobby and The Growing Self Team