Latest posts by Dr. Lisa Marie Bobby (see all)
- Family, Oh Family: How To Handle Tricky Family Situations Over the Holidays - November 20, 2017
- How to Handle Your Crazy Family on Thanksgiving - November 16, 2017
- Free Advice From a Marriage Counselor: Get Your Relationship Back on Track, Today - November 13, 2017
Single During the Holidays?
As a breakup expert and dating coach, I know all too well that many single people — particularly newly single people — often dread the holiday season, envisioning themselves enduring the upcoming string of holiday celebrations without a +1. But truly, there is no need to worry about feeling lonely during the holidays. If you’re single, and want to be in a new relationship, the holiday season is a fantastic, highly advantageous time for you to connect with a new love.
Why is dating during the holidays such a great time to launch a beautiful new relationship? Three main reasons:
1. You have the opportunity to meet more people in person, because of all the holiday gatherings and events happening at this time of year.
2. Many, many other singles (fun, beautiful, desirable, successful singles just like you) are also feeling motivated to connect right now and are putting themselves out there too. But there’s more: Match.com consistently finds that the Sunday after New Year’s is the single most popular day for people to create new online dating profiles. They see a 30-40% increase in their membership on that one day alone. If you get your act together now, you’ll have the pick of the litter come January.
3. Possibly most importantly, you have a legitimate reason to wear sequins, sparkles, and / or hilariously ugly holiday sweaters. No, really! All of these fashion choices are actually fantastic conversation starters, making it extremely easy for anyone to start up a conversation with you.
You could totally walk up to this guy and talk to him about his bells and puff-balls. Or maybe just give him a hug.
In short: If you’ve been sitting on the sidelines, feeling discouraged about the dating game, now’s the time to get off the bench and take another swing at finding love. And today’s episode of the Love, Happiness and Success Podcast is going to help you do just that.
Free Advice From a Dating Coach
There are just a few keys to successful dating: Clarity, Chemistry, Connection, and Evaluation. We’re going to be talking about each of these today to get you prepared to be your best self as you head into this sparkling season, ripe with potential for new love.
I’ll be putting on my “dating coach” hat to give you some advice on how to get clear about who you want to meet, and how to attract them. We’ll also be discussing the all-important “chemistry factor” and what YOU need to be thinking about and doing to wow all the attractive new people you’re about to meet, and leave them wanting more of you.
Additionally, we’ll be talking about how to make the most of all your opportunities for connection. You’ll have natural “IRL” opportunties this season, in the form of parties and holiday events, as well as the chance to freshen up your online dating profile. Because your photos will make-or-break your success with online dating, I’ve invited professional portrait photographer Kelly Weaver (who specializes in online dating profile photos) to give you her top tips for getting some fantastic new photos for your profile.
After that, we’ll also be discussing the downsides of being so gorgeous and irresistible, which is how to competently handle all the attention you’re getting — not to mention the sheer volume of messages and invitations you might be flooded with. While this sounds like a happy problem to have, feeling overwhelmed is something that scares people right out of the dating pool. I’ll be sharing some tips to create a solid plan in place to manage all the back-and-forth without acquiring a bunch of pen-pals, and quickly figure out who’s a good fit for you and who’s not will help you focus your energy on the people who are a match for you.
Lots to learn about dating during the holidays, on this edition of the Love, Happiness and Success Podcast. Listen now…
Dating During The Holidays: 'Tis The Season... For Love
Subscribe to the Love, Happiness & Success Podcast on iTunes & Stitcher. Don’t forget to rate and review if you enjoy the podcast!