Ghosts, Zombies and Breadcrumbs, Oh My!
New dating advice, for the modern era: If you’ve been on the modern dating scene for any time at all, you’ve probably become aware that the way people connect with each other is changing. Old “rules of dating” that we could once take for granted are no longer the norm. In fact, dating advice from just a few years ago might now steer you in the wrong direction if you’re looking for love.
How do we know? Every year, Match.com conducts original research into the experience of Singles in America. They ask probing questions about what dating people are doing, what they’re in to, and what turns them off. This year’s batch of research uncovered some particularly fascinating trends, illuminating a new set of standards for “‘Dating Do’s and Don’ts.”
On this edition of the Love, Happiness and Success Podcast I’m joined by Match.com’s lead researcher and scientific advisor Dr. Helen Fisher, as well as Denver dating coach Markie Keelan, to talk about their latest dating advice and how you can make it work for you.
Here are just some of the dating questions we’re discussing:
- What does it mean when someone you like disappears, only to show up again weeks or months later?
- How do a significant percentage of long-term relationships start these days? (Hint: Not with a first date!)
- How can you tell if you’re in a “situationship” that’s going to turn into a real relationship? (Or not).
- Why does keeping your options open sometimes reduce the chance of finding authentic intimacy?
- How is the evolving political landscape impacting the way people behave when they’re dating?
- Why are some parts of the country notorious for “Ghosts, Zombies and Breadcrumbs” – and what you can do to avoid this trap?
All for you, on this edition of the Love, Happiness and Success Podcast.