Finding Balance — with Dr. Michele Gelfland
How To Have It All… By Finding Balance
FINDING BALANCE: We want to have everything. We want and need to have rules and structure to protect us and guide our lives. Yet we also crave freedom and independence. We long to have empathy and compassion in our relationships, but we also want to be challenged so that we can grow.
Finding Balance In All Things
Tight vs. Loose. Protective vs. Forgiving. Planning vs. Being Present. Everything we do exists on a continuum, a spectrum of finding balance between extremes so that we can create a healthy path on every level.
My guest on today’s episode of the Love, Happiness and Success Podcast is cultural psychologist and researcher Dr. Michele Gelfland. Dr. Gelfland has spent years exploring subjects like:
- Why having overly empathetic and supportive relationships can inhibit your growth.
- How some cultures and ways of being are rule-bound and “tight” and others are permissive and “loose” and why there are strengths in both.
- The keys to finding middle paths in negotiations, relationships, and personal well-being.
- The dangers of extreme ways of thinking and being, for individuals, families, and societies.
- Practical strategies to help you achieve a healthy balance in yourself, your life, and your relationships.
Dr. Gelfland is the author of “Rule Makers, Rule Breakers: How Tight and Loose Cultures Wire Our World,” she’s been on the stage of TedEx, she’s been featured on The Hidden Brain podcast, and now she’s here with me to share her wisdom with YOU.
I hope her fascinating insights help you find a healthy balance in your life.
Dr. Lisa Marie Bobby
Listen & Subscribe to the Podcast
Finding Balance — with Dr. Michele Gelfand
Music Credits: Fierbinteanu, “Loosen My Grip”
Spread the Love Happiness & Success
Please Rate, Review & Share the Love, Happiness & Success Podcast.
Dr. Lisa Marie Bobby is the founder and clinical director of Growing Self Counseling and Coaching. She’s the author of “Exaholics: Breaking Your Addiction to Your Ex Love,” and the host of The Love, Happiness & Success Podcast.