Latest posts by Dr. Lisa Marie Bobby (see all)
- The New Rules For Dating - February 12, 2018
- Recovering From Infidelity - January 29, 2018
- Dealing With Heartbreak? Get Your Breakup Questions Answered. - January 15, 2018
How to Cope, in a World Where Bad Things Happen
Like so many of you, I too was shocked and horrified by the events of last week when so many innocent lives were taken in the Las Vegas shooting. Among other things, it led me to scrap last Monday’s podcast plans and create this one for you instead: Some advice for how to deal mentally and emotionally when terrible things happen.
I hate it that we live in a world where this even needs to be addressed, but it does. Together, over the past years, we’ve been through so much. Shootings. Natural disasters. Terrorist Attacks. War. Human Suffering. In our day-to-day lives we’re all under assault; choking down an endless barrage of information about all the latest horrors … but with no guidance for how to cope with it all, emotionally.
Death is the only wise advisor that we have. — Carlos Castaneda, Journey to Ixtlan
Our counseling and coaching clients here at Growing Self have the luxury of being able to process all of it, and get actionable advice for how to manage the grief, the fear, and the anger. And most importantly, our clients have support in channeling all those dark feelings into something positive and empowering.
I believe that you deserve the same. So today, on this episode of the Love, Happiness and Success Podcast I thought I’d offer you some of the same ideas we’ve been teaching our private clients lately about how to cope, during these dark times.
Listen now, and learn:
- Strategies for dealing with grief and horror in the days after a tragedy
- Ways to regain your sense of empowerment, safety, and control
- How to use difficult times to get clarity about your core values
- Anxiety management tips to ground yourself
- Inspiration for how to be a force of good in the world
Theses ideas help me personally, they help our clients, and I sincerely hope that they help you, too.
With love and respect,
Dr. Lisa Marie Bobby
How to Feel Safe, in a Scary World
Music Credits: Circus Marcus, “Búsqueda exploratoria #010 – A Ernest Delahaye”
Subscribe to the Love, Happiness & Success Podcast on iTunes & Stitcher. Enjoy the show? Please rate and review!