Rates and InsuranceHow Much Does Marriage Counseling, Life Coaching or Therapy Cost?
Good Therapy, Life Coaching or Marriage Counseling is Priceless. With us, it’s also affordable.
By Dr. Lisa Marie Bobby, PhD, LMFT, BCC
I personally believe that for too long, effective, meaningful personal growth work has been a luxury that only the privileged few could afford. You shouldn’t have to be a millionaire to work with a really amazing counselor or coach in a boutique, private practice setting.
That’s why we offer excellent, expert help that is also affordable.
Why? Because Your Love, Happiness and Success is Priceless.
The wellbeing of your family, your emotional wellness, and your ability to function well in your career are simply more important than anything else. Investing in your family, your emotional health, and your career will reap dividends that are far more precious than anything money can buy, like a couch or a TV. This is not about money. This an investment in your life. Ask anyone who is miserable, alone, sick, or has lost their family: Nothing else matters.
Let me tell you a true story: It became a personal mission for me to make meaningful help accessible and affordable after one really terrible marriage counseling session. I was sitting with a couple who, like too many do, postponed quality marriage counseling for years due to their perceptions of the “expense.” Because they waited too long to get help, resentments, anger, mistrust and hurt had piled up and made their relationship unsalvageable. They would now, ironically, pay many tens of thousands of dollars to lawyers and realtors — many, many times more money than they would have paid the best marriage counselor in the world — to help them break up their family instead of save it. I cannot even begin to describe how sad this made me; but it also made me resolve to try to change it for other people in the future.
I want you to know that you can afford to get help. More importantly, you can’t afford NOT to do this. Getting the right help at the right time can make all the difference in your life. We believe that you deserve to be happy, that strong relationships are important, and that your life is worth investing in. We’re here to help you create it.
We want you to be successful, and we’ll work with you to make it happen.
While changing the trajectory of your life, your career and your family is absolutely priceless, we also understand that expense is a real concern for many families. Here’s how we make this work:
We Offer Value:
We start by only offering evidence-based, effective services. We know that you choose Growing Self because you are ready to make positive changes in your life. Our experts only practice forms of therapy, life coaching and marriage counseling that are strategic, focused, and proven by research to be the fastest, most efficient way to help you make positive changes.
You don’t need to spend years in therapy. In fact, research shows that if you haven’t made progress by ten sessions, you’re barking up the wrong tree. Working with us connects you with people who know how to help you move forward, and who won’t waste your time. We have clients tell us all the time that they’ve gotten more out of a few sessions with us than they have in years of prior therapy. When you can’t afford to mess around, neither do we.
We Offer Sliding Scale Rates:
We also offer income-based sliding scale rates that are suprisingly affordable. “Sliding scale” means that your rate per session would be determined by your income, making your life-changing work with Growing Self fit within your budget.
- Our advanced clinicians (Polly Drew, M.Ed., LMFT, Brenda Fahn, M.A., LMFT, Jessica Small, M.A., LMFT, Meagan Terry, M.A., LMFT, Kristy Vergo, M.A., LPC & Ari Kipnis, M.S.W, LCSW) charge $125 per standard 45 minute session**, and may have sliding scale options between $80 and $125 based on their current availability.
- Our master’s level clinicians (Stephanie Manning, M.A., LMFTC, Kathleen Stutts, M.A., LPCC, and Gina Gardner Wood, M.S.W., LSW) charge $105 per 45 minute session, and can slide down to $60 per session depending on your income and their availability.
- Our most recent team member, Markie Keelan, B.A., CSPC charges between $50 and $95 per 45 minute session for career coaching, effective therapy, dating coaching and life coaching.
- We are proud to be an internship site for the University of Colorado’s Counseling Psychology program. Our counseling interns are in the final stages of completing their Master’s Degree and are supervised by our advanced clinicians. They are smart, talented, and competent and charge between $40 and $60 per 45 minute session.
- Our doctoral-level clinicians (Dr. Bobby, and Dr. Kristi Helvig, LP, CPC) charge only $150 per 45 minute session. We also maintain space on our caseloads for sliding scale and even pro-bono clients.
** Longer 60 or 90 minute sessions are available, and are pro-rated from the standard session fee.
We Can Help You Use Your Insurance Benefits.
You can use your insurance for your therapy or marriage counseling sessions if your policy covers behavioral services with out-of-network providers, and you meet criteria for a psychiatric diagnosis, and you primarily reside in Colorado. (If you live out of state or internationally you may also be able to use your benefits, but that will need to be determined on a case-by-case basis).
How our convenient system works: You’ll pay us for your sessions directly, and then we will prepare and submit electronic claims to your insurance provider on your behalf. If you are covered for our of network behavioral health, you’ll get reimbursed for your sessions.
Additionally, our practice accepts payments from Flex Healthcare Spending Accounts (FHSAs).
We Offer Extremely Affordable Classes
In addition to our private counseling and coaching services, we offer a variety of classes that deliver results in an easy, convenient, and inexpensive format.
- Want to feel happier and make positive changes in your life, but need an affordable alternative to private coaching or therapy? Try our online “Happiness Class.” Through this practical, skills based fourteen session online course I’ll teach you the “Best Of” what we teach our private clients about how to overcome feelings of depression and anxiety, manage your emotions, and create a life full of meaning and purpose. Best yet, you can take the individual units for as little as $29, or the entire, life changing course for only $99 — less than the cost of one private session with Dr. Bobby. Learn more about the Online Happiness Class…
- Want to improve your relationship but aren’t ready to commit to marriage counseling or private relationship coaching? Take our Lifetime of Love relationship class and learn how to communicate, solve problems together, and stay connected for the long haul. You get six hours of life-changing relationship help for a fraction of the cost of private marriage counseling or relationship coaching. Learn more about Lifetime of Love: Denver Premarital and Relationship Class.
- Want help in healing your broken heart after a bad breakup or divorce? Our “Heal Your Broken Heart” online breakup recovery program walks you through the steps of healing, and gives you access to the same strategies, tools and experiences you get in private sessions. It’s affordable, convenient and effective in moving you forward. Learn more about the Heal Your Broken Heart Online Breakup Recovery Class.
- Ready to master the art of modern dating, and find the love of your life? Try our online dating coaching program, “Find The One.” It consists of five info-packed online classes with master dating coach Dr. Lisa Marie Bobby. She’ll show you exactly how to get clarity about your core values and what you want in a relationship, and then develop an effective “personal branding strategy” to attract your ideal partner. You’ll learn how to create meaningful connection, filter out bad matches, leave your first dates wanting more, increase the odds that your ideal partner will be interested in you, and avoid the biggest early-relationship mistakes. Learn more about our Find The One online dating coaching program.
Schedule Your Free Consultation Session Right Now, And Start Changing Your Life
Let’s talk. Schedule your free consultation meeting with the therapist or coach of your choice, at our Denver or Broomfield Colorado office locations or try Online Therapy through Skype, Google Hangouts, or FaceTime for Mac. You can schedule online right now, or by calling (720) 370-1800, anytime. (We answer 24/7).
Here’s Our Bottom Line:
Your wellbeing is important to us. We will not allow money to stand between you and the Love, Happiness and Success that you deserve.
Help Yourself to a Free Consultation Session
Meet in-person at our Denver / Cherry Creek, Broomfield or Denver Tech Center locations. We're also available across the US and internationally
through online video.
Love, Happiness & Success AdviceFrom Dr. Lisa Marie Bobby's Blog and Podcast
Are you trying to have a relationship with a partner who avoids, defends or worse… refuses to talk at all? Few things are as frustrating, or as hurtful. Here’s some communication advice to help you get your withdrawn partner to open back up again.
In the aftermath of a bad breakup, you’re consumed with pain. Here’s how to take care of yourself, and start healing your broken heart…
Are you always walking on eggshells around your emotional, irritable, powder-keg of a partner? Learn the secret to taming the tiger, and bringing the peace back into your home.
Are “communication issues” wrecking your relationship? Learn what you can do to stop the insanity, and create connection in your relationship.
Practical strategies to help you rebuild your relationship… with yourself.
Your marriage can be tragic or triumphant. Here’s some honest advice from a marriage counselor about what makes the difference…