Burnout Prevention + Recovery
Burnout Prevention + Burnout Recovery
Burnout Prevention and Burnout Recovery: If you've been feeling mentally and emotionally exhausted, and that the daily grind is relentless… you are not alone. The realities of “corona-life” are wearing down even the sturdiest and most productive among us.
On the bright side, things that feel unsustainable usually are, and if you're coming to the conclusion that you cannot actually go on living this way you're in the perfect position to make full use of today's podcast episode — because help is here!
Today is all about helping you recover from burnout, reclaim control, cultivate resilience, reprioritize time and energy, and craft a sustainable “burnout prevention” plan for yourself, your career and your family.
Signs of Burnout
In case you hadn’t noticed, we’ve been living in a burnout culture. As a Denver therapist and online life coach, I’ve worked for years with clients who struggle with work fatigue, mom burnout (or dad burnout) and show up for therapy or life coaching feeling mentally exhausted or experiencing emotional exhaustion. The struggle is real!
Symptoms of burnout can mimic those of depression, often leading to exhaustion, apathy, irritability, and like you just don't care any more. You might feel sad or angry, or you might just feel numb.
Feeling burned out and like you had nothing left to give was true long before the “coronavirus life” experience cranked it up 10x. Now busy professionals are attempting to do it all… quite literally.
- Balancing a full-time work-from-home job with
- Full-time stay-at-home parenting
- Without even a smidge of respite from the community that once sustained you
- Increased stress in your relationship
- Managing the chaos of always-home family in need of regular feelings, entertainment and some semblance of order
- No boundaries between work and life, with the result being that there are no natural breaks or stopping points in the day which leads to working from home from the crack of dawn until late at night.
- Not having access to the simple pleasures or self-care activities that once allowed you to bounce back from burnout, like getting a massage, having an evening with friends, or even going to a movie is fraught with danger.
The daily grind is endless, stressful, with no end in sight, and opportunities to replenish your energy and recover from burnout are few and far between. It's a lot. It's non-stop. If you're feeling burned out from trying to do it all… of course you are!
To help you start to restore your energy, cultivate resilience, and boost your mental and emotional reserves, today’s episode of the Love, Happiness and Success Podcast is all about helping you not just recover from burnout… but prevent burnout in the first place.
I’ve enlisted the support of an expert on this topic: Eileen McDargh. Eileen has spent over thirty years researching the subject of work fatigue, burnout prevention, and burnout recovery. Her new book is Burnout to Breakthrough: Building Resilience to Refuel, Recharge, and Reclaim What Matters.
Eileen is with me today to share her insight, tips and strategies to help you prevent burnout in the first place, or — if it’s already taking hold — regain your resilience and restore your sanity.
- The first and most important mental shift you can make to reclaim control
- How to identify energy takers and energy makers
- Why questioning everything can cultivate your resilience
- Daily practices that restore you (when you have zero time for anything)
- How to craft a lifestyle focused on sustainable productivity and burnout prevention
- And more!
I hope this episode offers you guidance for how to rebuild your energy, restore your resilience, and start feeling like yourself again.
Listen & Subscribe to the Podcast
Burnout Prevention + Burnout Recovery
Music Credits: Wimps, “Monday”
Spread the Love Happiness & Success
Please Rate, Review & Share the Love, Happiness & Success Podcast.
Dr. Lisa Marie Bobby is the founder and clinical director of Growing Self Counseling and Coaching. She's the author of “Exaholics: Breaking Your Addiction to Your Ex Love,” and the host of The Love, Happiness & Success Podcast.
More Love, Happiness and Success Advice
Feeling lonely in a relationship? Spending more time together isn't the solution. Learn how to really develop a closer, more satisfying connection.
Do you have a control freak in your life? Learn what drives controlling behavior and the best way to handle it.
Want better relationships? Try getting over yourself first. In this episode, Terry Real shares tips for moving from “me” to “we” for a happier life.
We've all endured losses recently. On this podcast, two compassionate online grief counseling experts share advice for how to cope emotionally, how to heal your heart, and how to rebuild your life after loss.
Can you be friends with your ex? It’s certainly tempting to try. In this episode, we’re exploring when it works, and when it doesn’t.
Ever wonder why relationships fail? On this podcast, we’re exploring the anatomy of a failed relationship, so you can keep yours healthy and strong.