Does Your Partner Have a Problem?
It is agonizing to be in a relationship with someone you love very much, but who has a serious — and untreated — problem. If your partner is struggling with something like depression, anxiety, alcoholism, drug addiction, pornography addiction, ADHD or PTSD it can wreak absolute havoc in your relationship, not to mention make you (both) miserable. If the problem has been going on for a long time, it may even make you question whether you should continue to support and help your partner… or whether it’s time to cut your losses and end the relationship.
This topic has been on my mind lately, as I’ve recently had a number of listeners of my Love, Happiness and Success Podcast ask me these questions:
- How do I help my partner who is depressed (or anxious / ADHD / addicted to something) and refuses to get help?
- What are signs your partner will get their act together, and what are signs you should break up?
- How do I help my husband who is suffering from PTSD, and won’t talk to anyone?
- How many chances should I give my alcoholic / addicted partner?
- I promised, “For better or for worse,” but it wrong of me to bail on this marriage if my spouse is not holding up their end of the bargain?
- Is my boyfriend ever going to be cured of his pornography addiction?
- Should I feel guilty for ending this relationship, even if I feel like I need to save myself?
These are big, serious questions. But you, my dear listener, told me this is what is important to you… and I’m listening to you. We’re going there on this episode of the Love, Happiness & Success Podcast. I hope that this discussion helps you find your way through this dark time, and back into clarity and inner peace.
All the best to you,
P.S. Would YOU like to ask me a question? I always respond to comments. Or you can also record a voicemail for me (via the button on this page) and I may answer your question on the next podcast!!
What to Do When Your Partner Has a Problem
Subscribe to the Love, Happiness & Success Podcast on iTunes & Stitcher. Please rate and review if you enjoy the Podcast!
Music Credits: Lorelle Meets The Obsolete, with “Waitin’ For The Orange Sunshine”